Wednesday, May 17, 2006

No Acronym Wednesday

Indy Qualifying will be this weekend May 20th.

It will be insane speeds once again. I once had a dream to drive in the Indy 500, but that was a long time ago. About 10 yrs ago a friend of mine who wheels and deals with a lot of different vehicles had an Indy car for a short period of time. I was doing some work on the header and tailpipe for one of his race cars (exhausting work I might add), and sat in the Indy car when nobody was around.
I was skinny then, but my shoulders were too wide to really fit in the car, and my shoes were way too wide. When I pressed the clutch pedal, my foot would interfere with the brake and using my left foot for the brake, it would hit both the clutch and accelerator pedal. I guess the only way I'll get to drive at Indy, is maybe a tour bus when I retire.

No comments: