Monday, December 08, 2008

Back in the Air!!

Jabiru Australia is going to warranty my starter. I don't know if I will get on old style like I had, or the newest Nippon Denso starter, but at this point, I don't care. I get a new one. That will give me a chance to engineer a new style starter myself.

Even though I don't have my new starter, a friend from the American Sonex Association, John Davis has lent me the starter off his engine to use until mine comes. He put a different engine on his plane and his Jabiru was waiting to be installed on another plane. So, I'm back in the air. YAY!!

When it is really cold on the ground outside, it is much colder up in the air. Especially when the plane is somewhat drafty. My new heater just doesn't quite cut the mustard when it is really cold. Above freezing, however, it doesn't do too bad a job.
29 hours and counting.

2 comments:

Mayden' s Voyage said...

Ok- we are WAYYYY past 29 hours now- what happened?

In the meantime- thank you for being so good to me this year :)
I wish you a very Merry Christmas- and hope that one day I'll get to see your plane fly overhead- or better yet, take a ride with you!

My very best to you and yours this holiday :)

........*
.......♥♥
......~♥~♥~
.....♥~♥~♥
...~♥~♥♥~♥~
...♥~♥~♥♥~♥~
.♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
........[]

:)

Bad Bob said...

Thanks Cora,
I'm not too far past 29 hours, but will hit the 40 hour magic number by Tuesday if the weather is going to be like the forecast. You can definitely go for a ride as soon as I get the hours flown off.

Merry Christmas to you too!