Monday, February 18, 2008

Nothing New

I wish I had something funny or profound to say, but it's just the drudgery of normalcy. Saturday was as perfect a day as you could ever want. High 60's, which for February, is almost unheard of. Clear skies, no wind.... Makes for a perfect flying day. Did I partake? Hell no! I was to involved with the wiring of the plane to take a chance of blowing off the whole day. Ran the errands I needed as the stores I went to close at noon on Saturday. Did I fly then? Nope.

Did I get enough done to justify the day? No. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I could have flown, and then stayed up later doing the wiring. I'm just intimidated by it all. So I scratch my head, and/or my ass and wonder what to do next. I'm slowly getting it, but days like Saturday just don't come very often. I thought I'd fly Sunday, but you couldn't see across the street for most of the day because of low flying clouds, fog and rain.

Summertime will bring crappy visibility. The picture was taken last summer coming home from work, and was a couple of miles away and you can barely see where I am going to land. Cooler weather makes for better visibility. I should have gone Saturday. Next time.



4 comments:

Steph said...

Maybe you lost your flying 'mojo'?

fingers said...

Sell the plane and get a boat, Bob...

Bad Bob said...

I haven't lost it yet Steph. I'll be flying to work at least one day this week, and I will fly this weekend if the weather is good.
Fingers, I had a boat, and I got tired of all the chicks wanting to go out on it in their skimpy bikinis...kind of like that picture on your blog. ;-) Persimmon! I know it shouldn't be so funny, but it certainly is to me!

Mayden' s Voyage said...

It was gorgeous here on Sat! :) I don't think it's going to last through the week though :(

Thanks for the comment you left about my dad- I appreciate your insight. It's been a tough year- and it's going to get worse in some ways- but in the end I don't to burn any bridges that I'd regret later.

Glad to see you are feeling better :) Hope you get into the air soon~