Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Ring of Fire

Yes, I know it's been over 2 weeks since my last post, but it is difficult for me to try to be funny. Friends at work say I'm pretty entertaining, but that's in person.

Well, I thought I would have to go to N.A. meetings to get off the Lidocaine. You know..."Hi, I'm Bob and I have a drug problem." "Hello Bob!" (I don't know why there is a big gap in the text here, but it won't go away)
As it turns out, the problem took care of itself. I developed a reaction to using it. When I was in itching hell, I'd put on some more lidocaine. It would take about 15-20 minutes for the itching to subside, and I'd be good for a couple of hours. Well, I got this rash, and it itched like hell too, so I thought, "I'll just put some on it too." Within a couple of days, I had the worst case of rash on my ass that I could imagine, and the itching was worse than ever. On my side, I'll bet my ass looks like a hippo mouth with chapped lips! I'm still only getting about 3-4 hours of sleep a night because of the itching. Not only that, but I have rash starting where I've never used lidocaine. I have an itchy ring around my belly button! WTF is up with that?!

Went to the doc today, and I now have a cream for the itch part of where the sugery was..., one for my cheeks, and another one for the other independent rashes. He says it looks like I've developed a mild infection. Great, just fucking great! The good part of all this?
In between hot baths (3-4 a day), and itchy spells (more than 3 or 4 a day), I can't sit long because it irritates the itch, so I go out to the garage and work on my airplane. I'm hoping to be able to crank it up sometime next month and fly soon after that!

There's a ton of work to do on it, but I'm on a mission.

7 comments:

travistee said...

Ring of fire...HA.
Hope you're feeling better by now!

Bad Bob said...

Hi Travistee,
I'm doing better finally. Still can't sleep much and I have to go back to work in a week.
I could get used to this retirement thing.
I'm glad you are doing better too.

Mazdaman said...

Dearest Bad Bob,
I greatfully regret to have heard of your anal distress. I do hope that you atleast had a great Newyear and are on your way to a full recovery. I am ready to go flying too. If you need any help(with the airplane) or need any materials for it, just give me a holler.

fingers said...

Bob, I can't offer any practical advice about your ass problems however I do believe that DIY nuclear reactors and aeroplanes are two things a person should never attempt to build...

WendyB said...

I am so appreciating my ass much more than I used to after reading of your woes.

Mayden' s Voyage said...

So...can you explain to me why you left the Bahamas? (besides the drunk driver...and with all the rum, wouldn't that be expected?)

The photo was from Vero beach florida :) I hope to go back this summer with a girlfriend :)

I'm sorry your still having such a rough time :(

Bad Bob said...

Hi Mayden,
You don't want to have an accident anytime, but definitely do not want to have an accident outside of this country. It's a long story, and I'll blog about it one of these days, but the way they look at it, the accident could not have happened if I hadn't been there. So no matter what, it's my fault for not getting out of the way. Also our government did not want the future medical liability of me...