Friday, January 18, 2008

I'm back at work

I have been negligent in blogging, but it is increasingly difficult to be funny. I now know why comedians end up having to go through rehab....
When I was on the pain killers, my imagination was going crazy, and it was pretty easy to formulate a funny story out of reality.

Needless to say, I'm back at work, and I could be retired in a minute if I could afford it. I'm on my mission to finish my plane in the next few months, and I spend several hours a day on it when I get home.

When I had all the trouble with the "after surgery recuperation", the rash was some of the worst times. I'd get in the shower and turn the water on full hot with the shower massager and try to burn the itch away. There was one spot halfway between the top of my crack and where my belt rides that as soon as I would hit it, it would make me pee. It didn't matter if I had to go or not, I'd go even if it was just a little bit.
WHERE WAS THIS WHEN I HAD TO HAVE THE CATHETERS??!?!?!?!!!????

I just thought it was funny, and didn't give it much thought until one night in my sleep I must have scratched that same spot. OMG!!! Scratching it has the same effect. Fortunately I didn't wet the bed, but I did have to change my underwear (yes I took a bath first). Mental note: Don't even touch back there!

I'm glad that's all over, but sometimes I still get itchy. I hope that all goes away forever soon.

I guess my next update will be on the plane. It's getting exciting!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If scratching there makes you pee then by all means avoid scratching behind your ear. Hard telling what will happen.

travistee said...

Glad you're back to work. And I second PP's comment.

Bad Bob said...

Yeah, I figured that out really quick. Don't know how my wiring got so crossed, but it seems to be OK now. P.P. I just tried scratching behind my ear as an experiment, but nothing happened. I was at least hoping for an epiphany for something... Thanks for stopping by.

Harley said...

God that's.... weird!! Listen to PP's sage advice. Still made me laugh though... Poor Bad Bob!! Are you almost better?