Thursday, July 23, 2009

24hrs to go


The Electronic Flight Instrument System (EFIS) came yesterday and I installed it last night. I sent it off 7 weeks ago for repair. It sat at the Post Office for 13 days before they picked it up. It then sat at the company for a couple of weeks before I was notified that it should be able to be sent back in the middle of the following week. 2 weeks later, they said that it was fixed and I needed to pay $280.
I paid it immediately. I kept trying to get them to send it and I finally got an email saying they were out of the office, but would be back in the following Tuesday. I said I was planning on the trip to Oshkosh and needed it as soon as possible.
They sent it Monday, a whole day earlier than they said they would! Does that make me happy? Not really as they have lied about everything up to that point.
Since I'm leaving tomorrow, it would be nice to have more than 1 day to test it, but I'll do that this afternoon.
No wonder they are going out of business.
At Oshkosh I'll be able to talk to the other EFIS manufacturers. I just hope I don't have to get a new one any time soon.

No comments: