Tuesday, July 13, 2010

New Instrument Panel


I've been very busy re-doing the instrument panel in my airplane. The old Electronic Flight Instument System (EFIS) quit last summer. I sent it in for repair and it took a couple of months, but I finally got it back. It lasted less than 5 weeks and quit again. The company went out of business soon after.
I've been saving for a new one and Dynon offered a $1,000 rebate to the customers of that company if you send them your old unit (doesn't have to be operational). So for a few hundred more than I wanted to spend, I got the bestest, coolest one you could get.

Removing the old panel and redoing the wiring was a whole lot more work than I really wanted to do.
Pretty slick huh?


Now I just have to learn to use it.












2 comments:

Unknown said...

Robert, your panel looks freaking awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing it in person sometime.

Bad Bob said...

MHC,
I couldn't access your profile, but if you are here in the South East or somewhere I might fly, we can arrange it.