Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Waiting for good weather and time

The FAA representative came and went last Saturday. I would have flown last weekend, but the wind was horrible....not anything you would want to do a first flight in anyway.

So I took the wings off the plane and trailered it to a nearby airport with a 5500 ft paved runway. This will be a much better location for a first flight.

I had a friend help me put the wings on last night, and when I finish hooking up the controls and wires, I'll put in a few more gallons of gas so I can go early Saturday morning providing the weather is good. It has been perfect weather all week so far.

2 comments:

travistee said...

I'm so happy you are very close to your adventure. Let me know when you land in Austin!

Bad Bob said...

I will definitely do that!