Monday, April 21, 2008

Sunday was "Ripper" and I'm very "Chuffed"!!

For those of you who don't speak Australian or South African, ripper is another term for GREAT!! and chuffed is I'M EXTREMELY HAPPY!! I started the plane for the first time. It cranked up with only 2 prop turns and surprised me that it started so easily. It is going to take some carburetor tuning, which will be a pain as it is difficult to get to, but it sounds so good! I'll fit the cowling, then make the cooling baffles, then bolt the tail on. I'll have to take it over to my friends hangar as it won't fit very well in my garage with the tail on. Then it's just putting everything back together. Yesterday was an exciting day, even though I didn't tighten one of the fuel fittings and ran gas all over the carpet. We'll see if contact cement is fuel proof. It dried out pretty quickly, but it'll be a while before the smell is gone. Oh well.

Chuffed, I am!!

5 comments:

Mayden' s Voyage said...

Yeahhh! I am genuinely thrilled for you :) Thanks for stopping by and sharing this bit of happiness with me- I needed it! :)

Hope you have a great week!

Bad Bob said...

Thanks Mayden! I am having trouble keeping focused at work the last few days. It has been a long hard and at times, frustrating road.

fingers said...

Now Bob, I don't claim to be an expert on aviation...but there seems to be something important missing from your flying machine...

Bad Bob said...

Hey Fingers,
There is a lot missing from the ol'flying machine, but they are all hanging from the ceiling in the garage. It just won't fit in my garage with the tail or wings on. It'll be at the hangar soon and I'll post a picture.

travistee said...

Glad you clarified the adjectives....I wouldn't have known...
Oh Fingers, he suffers from such a lack of imagination, huh? :)